About Be Well

Welcome to Be Well with Wels.

Be Well is an expression of who I am and is inspired by my individual journey. I am fortunate to have found my passion early in life and my personality has allowed me to pursue it. I am very much a counselor at heart and thrive helping others overcome life's hurdles. The formation of my coaching philosophy models my belief in the connection of the mind-body-spirit as an individualized yet integrated route to achieving inner balance and optimal wellbeing. Be Well is a fusion of my personal experience, information, tools, resources, and motivations that have inspired me. In turn, I hope to inspire and support you so that you may integrate my footprints into your own journey.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Managing Your Tomorrows

Do you find yourself stressed or burdened by simply thinking of your day tomorrow? What do you do to mentally prepare yourself for the upcoming day or week; one that is inevitable filled with work, errands, tasks, to-do list, market trips, book clubs, dinner dates, rec. leagues, and anything else we fill our calendar with? When I was in graduate school, I discovered (over many weeks and much frustration) that Sunday nights were my most awful night of sleep during the whole week. I typically approach my Sunday nights with the goal of getting a good night sleep, starting the week off right and being prepared as much as possible to start the week successfully – however it was more commonplace for me to lie awake going over what the day or week will bring. The more I watched the clock and let my mind wonder, the worse the sleep got! I know you have been there, we all have!



Luckily, I found that I could use my personality traits as a strength in overcoming this Sunday night dread. For those who know me, you know I am very much the list and planning person; so in order to keep my thoughts at bay, I make lists of what needs to be done when. I don't just stop there though; I find it extremely helpful to spend about an hour on Sunday nights mentally prepping

and planning through my week. For me that preparation entails, getting my work clothes together, figuring out meals, making sure I have dog walkers or doggy day care scheduled, maybe even preparing a few meals on Sunday's, and finally looking at my calendar to make sure I am prepared for what I need to be attending to. I also make a master list of miscellaneous things I need to get done by next weekend. I can later make my daily list from this master list. This type of list may or may not work you, but give it a shot, play around with different types of planning tools and see what works for you.

With that in mind, what can you do next Sunday to prepare for your week to make things easier for yourself?




Until Next Time ~ Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment