About Be Well

Welcome to Be Well with Wels.

Be Well is an expression of who I am and is inspired by my individual journey. I am fortunate to have found my passion early in life and my personality has allowed me to pursue it. I am very much a counselor at heart and thrive helping others overcome life's hurdles. The formation of my coaching philosophy models my belief in the connection of the mind-body-spirit as an individualized yet integrated route to achieving inner balance and optimal wellbeing. Be Well is a fusion of my personal experience, information, tools, resources, and motivations that have inspired me. In turn, I hope to inspire and support you so that you may integrate my footprints into your own journey.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday's Commitment

As another Monday morning rolls around , I find it helpful to challenge myself to a new weekly "goal". Whether it be something I may have lacked over the previous week or something new to try; a new challenge helps keep my focus tailored to my values & on continued self-development. 
What one goal are you willing to commit to this week? Maybe you’re better thinking one day at a time, that’s okay, commit to something just for today. Write it down and refer to it often! Sometimes one day at a time works best since even with writing it down and making a mental commitment, I often find it hard to stay focused as the days go by. Similar to a new year's resolution, by Tuesday, it's easy to forget what was committed to let alone take positive action towards it. The good thing is you’re only competing against yourself; you are challenging yourself to attain a goal. I often remind myself that it doesn't matter if I break my goal by 8am Monday morning, the importance lies in how I approach the next challenge and decision.
I often challenge myself to remain positive in light of people who are not, those I find slightly annoying, or those who I allow to frustrate me... Remembering this through traffic is quite a personal challenge in itself. However if I realize I failed at my weekly goal by 9am Monday morning,
I don’t allow that to be a hall pass to continue the remainder of the week in disregard of my goals? I'd rather start from square one a 1000 times per week than allow myself to be frustrated over the million uncontrollables (traffic is a perfect example). The great thing about personal goals is that you and you alone are the judge, you make the rules and you can hit the reset button at any time!


What can you commit to today, this week, or even this month?



Until Next Time ~ Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment