Nothing can trample my motivation as swiftly as a cold and
snowy Monday morning. Knowing tomorrow morning’s forecast is calling for just
that, I know I need to be proactive tonight in prepping for tomorrow. If you’re
like me than you know you can’t count on mood or sheer will as a motivator in
the morning so we need to take a few extra steps to be successful. It can be
helpful to remember to take the emotions out of the initial action. So you don’t
want to drag yourself out into your bitter air, wait for your freezing car to
warm up and haul yourself into the gym… I don’t blame you but you also have the
power ignore what you want and don’t want, put those emotions on the backburner
and go on auto pilot in the morning. It’s okay to stop thinking about it and
just go through the motions until your will begins to turn around. The best way
to do this is to take steps this evening to take the “thinking” out of your
morning. In my world of planning and preparation this means laying my workout
clothes out ahead of time (including my shoes and winter gear), packing my gym bag
and leaving it by the door, and planning what I’ll have for breakfast. I won’t
stop there though; I’ll also plan out my gym routine ahead of time so
indecision doesn’t get in my way. I found if I have a clear workout plan then I
am much for inclined to not only go to the gym but I’ll also optimize my
workout time better than just winging it.
So if you are anticipating a motivational lull in the
morning, what steps can you take ahead of time to mitigate your lagging will
power?
Until Next Time ~ Be Well
"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind"


No comments:
Post a Comment